- Model upload available to users
- New DAFNI Data Store (NID) pages and interface
- Adoption of DCAT V2 for dataset metadata
- User Groups to allow sharing of datasets and models
- Separate user documentation site
- Versioning of datasets and models
- Supporting deletion of datasets, models and workflows
- Allow use of datasets in workflows (Dataslots)
- Accessibility enhancements to the frontend
And many of these improvements to the platform are not visible to our users:
- Creation of DAFNI Docker registry to support model upload
- Development of internal messaging service “autoqueue”
- Integration of ElasticSearch into the platform, for Search and Discovery.
- Performance and security improvements to most of the platform codebase
- Integration of Harbor into the platform, for user image registry.
- Enhancements to the DAFNI Security Service to ensure that users’ data remains as secure as possible, and easy to manage and inspect by the DAFNI team
- Notification service to alert DAFNI administrators of pending actions
There are more of these and hundreds of smaller, more subtle improvements that contribute to a large body of work since the initial release of the platform.
Given this, we have decided to upgrade the platform release number by a major increment, and move to DAFNI version 2.0.
With many more great pieces of functionality in the pipeline, we’re looking forward to continuing to deliver a unique and vital service for the National Infrastructure Research community and others in this exciting new chapter for the DAFNI platform.